The Flying Flowerpot has gone to the great beyond, aka the garbage bin. It was a great first drone to build, I learned a lot, but it had its share of problems.
For the last flight, I programmed it via Mission Planner to fly a rough polyhedron at 60 feet over the River Mills Park near the Potomac River. It accomplished this and then loitered. When I switched it back to Stabilize mode, it somehow became unstable and did a death dive. This broke the internal frame, two arms, two propellers, one motor, the battery mount, and the flower pot. The basic electronics are fine, but I will have to get a new frame kit and motor at least. The video is below.
The new build will take some time, so postings may be sporadic. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and Happy Hannukah.